- When you are ready, get in touch with BCS to inform them that your plant is ready to start the certification process.
- Read the PAS 110 and Quality Protocol.
- Review your facility against the criteria in the PAS110 and QP (or SEPA) documents to determine those changes that are necessary to pass the standard. There is a checklist that will be used by the certifying body when they inspect your plant that may be useful to review the facility against the criteria.
- You may need a guide to instituting a Quality Management system or HACCP system, as these are important aspects of PAS110, it may be useful to contact a consultant or attend a course to ensure this is done correctly.
- Carry out the changes you identify as necessary
- Select a Certification Body from the three contracted organisations and request an application form together with any documentation that is necessary for accreditation
- Contact the approved laboratories to discuss taking samples and submitting for testing.
- You will need to request a temporary certification code from REAL (firstname.lastname@example.org) to provide on the PAS110 Digestate Analysis Request Form.
- Forward the full application form plus accompanying documents and fee to the Certification Body.
Download the BCS guidance document for applicants here.