REAL is looking to hire a Schemes Manager!
Posted: 7 December, 2023. Written by REAL
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated Schemes Manager who will manage certification schemes for compost and anaerobic digestate, contributing to the circular economy and the production of renewable fertilisers. The successful candidate will also contribute towards setting and achieving the strategic goals within the team.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in programme management within the environment sector. You will work in a smart team led by experienced management. You will have the chance to learn on the job and to take your own initiative, shaping the Schemes’ growth and development.
The post-holder will report to the Head of Certification Schemes.
The post-holder’s duties will include:
- Advise applicants on the Schemes and on any guidance and support available.
- Manage the appointment, payment, complaint handling, and training of the Certification Bodies appointed to the Schemes. Support the Head of Certification Schemes with the management of the performance evaluation process, as appropriate.
- Manage the appointment, payment, complaint handling and training of the Laboratories approved to the Schemes. Support the Head of Certification Schemes with the management of the Laboratory Approval Scheme, as appropriate.
- Manage the process of updating the Scheme Rules, and the associated documents, ensuring consistency with the PAS standards, Quality Protocols (and equivalent for Scotland), and UKAS requirements.
- Manage the central database for recording information about processes and products certified under the Schemes.
- Organise, support, and manage Scheme-related workshops and events, including developing slides and taking minutes at Scheme-related meetings.
- Update websites and contribute to external communication and marketing.
- Suggest ways to improve the robustness of the Schemes based on experience. Carry out other tasks in REAL as appropriate, including specific research projects.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience of project or programme management in a related field
- Experience of leading meetings, events, or designated workstreams
- Confident at understanding, processing, and translating technical information and data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
Desirable attributes for the role:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Experience of using Microsoft Project
- Experience of working in a certification or quality assurance role
- Experience of managing stakeholders or stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience of managing contracts and subcontractors
- Understanding of the circular economy and organics recycling industry
What we are offering
This is an opportunity to join an expanding team at a period of rapid growth in the circular economy sector. You will have the chance to learn on the job with regular training opportunities where you will gain knowledge and experience of the organics recycling sector. We are offering this role on a one-year contract which is extendable.
- Salary - £27,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Location - hybrid with between 2 and 5 days a week working from our Central London office
- 25 days annual leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- Access to cycle to work and annual travelcard scheme.
- Health insurance covering dental and optician costs.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and brief covering letter (maximum one side of A4) to Georgia Phetmanh (email@example.com) by Wednesday 3rd January 2024.
Interviews are expected to be held in mid-late January 2024.